Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel and or CH Amenities.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day-use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same-day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out's
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures and record details in the courier Mail Register.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach the form to registration card.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Any other duties as assigned by AGM or GM.
This position starts on May 20, 2020
40 hours per week with starting minimum wage pay with overtime time pay, direct deposit pay. PERKS include employee hotels discounts, local attraction VIP Pass,, awesome team culture.
Custer Hospitality, LLC
Custer Hospitality’s team member’s attitudes, commitment, curiosity, respect, creativity, and work ethic result in great experiences for our guests, team members, and our partners. We treat people how we want to be treated. We are committed to supporting and educating all team members to help them improve and become better leaders. Our passion for hospitality, strength of our history, diversity in our team, and meaningful guest commitment are founding principles that make our community a better place to live, work, and play.
Company Website: www.custerhospitality.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)